Product Manager Job Summary
This is not a software or IT product management role. Qualified candidates must be comfortable and capable of applying a product management approach to diverse set of hard-tech markets including but not limited to batteries, catalysts, 3D printing, thermal fillers and other target applications for industrial-scale nano-coatings.
Forge Nano Inc., a global leader in surface engineering and precision, commercial-scale nano-coatings using Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD), is seeking a versatile, experienced Product Manager to define our market-driven, product roadmap and Go-to-Market Strategy across a wide range of markets. The Product Manager will be responsible for assessing market attractiveness, gathering voice of customer input, defining our value proposition, and distilling out product requirements for use in development of our products & services. You will stay abreast of the competitive landscape and help define market positioning. This role will work cross-functionally with our sales, marketing, engineering and R&D teams. You will and work with the leadership team to define the Product Roadmap and Go-To-Market Strategy for our products & services. You must also be comfortable and effective at interfacing with customers to understand market pain points and to tie them back to product strategies. You will also serve as an evangelist for our product offerings, supporting lead generation for the sales pipeline. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy and have a passion for hard-tech products.
• Assess market attractiveness of prospective new application spaces • Appropriately segment markets to aid in more effective targeting • Gather and evaluate voice of customer to identify market needs • Identify opportunities for value creation and our value proposition • Translate market needs into detailed product requirements • Work closely with sales, marketing, engineering and R&D team to define product requirements • Develop product roadmap as part of a portfolio strategy • Ensure product roadmaps align to achieve corporate objectives • Develop market-driven product pricing and positioning strategies • Understand the competitive landscape and our positioning relative to competition • Work closely with leadership team to define Go-To-Market Strategy for products & services • Gather market intelligence on our customers’ procurement processes • Visit customers to elicit feedback on performance of our products and services • Support lead generation back to sales team • Convey market feedback to sales team to help fine tune our account development approach • Travel (up to 25% of the time)
Required Skills: • Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or engineering or other degree with relevant work experience; advanced degree or MBA preferred • 3+ years of product management, product marketing, management consulting, business development, or market research experience • Experience in a customer-facing, market-oriented role (e.g. eliciting voice of customer, delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research) • Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management • Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
• Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Tech savvy and passionate about building products
• Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making
• Strong analytical and synthesis skills are a must, including the ability to absorb and process large amounts of data into
• Experience in hard-tech products particularly in the industrial equipment and chemical manufacturing space a plus
• This position requires domestic and international travel to customer and potential sites up to 25%
• Must be fluent in written and spoken English. Multilingual in Mandarin, Korean, German and/or Japanese a plus.
• Experience in marketing and product management of industrial equipment particularly for particle coating, battery
manufacturing, chemical manufacturing, catalysts, adsorbents, additive manufacturing, or similar
• Competitive salary.
• Medical/dental/vision/disability and life insurance, holidays, PTO, Flexible Spending Account, and 401(k) plan.
• Position based out of Forge Nano Incorporated’s Global Headquarters in Louisville, Colorado.