PRECISION NANO-COATINGS: SOON TO BE THE STANDARD
Forge Nano’s patented “Precision Nano-coating” process streamlines nano-coating manufacturing through fast transport and high material throughput. As a result, precision coatings are now affordable and are finding applications in industries where performance is a key differentiator.
Forge Nano’s innovative and proprietary manufacturing process drastically reduces labor costs and time to market. Now we engineer surface solutions quickly to meet each customer’s real needs and budget.
Our production approach works particularly well for:
- Handling and coating air-sensitive materials found in Li-ion batteries
- Nanoscale metal powders for electrodes used in electronic devices
- Hygroscopic halide-based materials, and many others
With direct glovebox interconnectivity, Forge Nano is able to easily convey and coat these materials in-line and in an all inert environment.
Li-ion Batteries, and Beyond
It’s well documented that nanometer-thick ceramic coatings on cathode powders protect Li-ion batteries against electrode-electrolyte degradation. This protective barrier lengthens battery life and protects batteries against high temperatures and fast cycle rates, resulting in safer and more versatile Li-ion materials.
Precision nano-coatings on Li-ion battery materials enable the safe and profitable use of several new high-capacity/high-voltage chemistries that were not viable previously.
Precision Nano-Coating Applications
Forge Nano develops custom coating chemistries to meet the precise needs of customer applications. Our systems monitor process conditions and tune reaction variables in-situ to provide efficient precursor utilization. Our coating highlights include:
- High temperature processing
- Coating capabilities including oxides, nitrides, base metals, phosphates and fluorides
- Minimum particle batches as small as 1g
- High throughput processing for runs of 1000 kg and greater